We exist because of you
The Iranian Women’s Organization of Ontario (IWOO), a registered, not-for-profit organization and charitable organization, was established in Toronto, Canada in 1989. IWOO was initially created as an association of volunteer women dedicated to improving the lives of Iranian women and families.In 2009, IWOO adopted a new vision and elected a Board of Directors, committed to a strategic direction, that would be current, transparent and reflective of the needs of the Iranian-Canadian community. This community is comprised of people from diverse backgrounds, most of whom have come as a result of the political upheaval and uncertainties in Iran. Here and now, IWOO serves all Ontarians who could benefit from its services.Today, IWOO has become an organization that serves all Ontarians, especially the immigrant women and families, who could benefit from its services.IWOO is committed to assisting women, families, and members of the broader immigrant communities in Ontario, to overcome barriers, become economically independent, and contribute productively to all aspects of life in Canada.
Dr. Fariba Bashiri, President of IWOO
- Respecting the community, clients, staff, and stakeholders.
- Celebrating diversity, working to eliminate oppression and embrace equity.
- Serving the community with accountability and transparency.
- Striving to effectively and responsibly maximize the use of public funds and resources.
- Collaborating and partnering with like-minded organizations, communities, and individuals to build and strengthen organizational capacity.
- Fostering innovation and best practice service delivery models in fulfilling the organizational mission.
IWOO intends to help the immigrant community members, alongside with the Iranian-Canadians, to successfully integrate into Canadian society by achieving economic, social, and political equality while maintaining their heritage and cultural values.
Our mission at the Iranian Women’s Organization of Ontario (IWOO) is to provide support to women and their families. To improve the social, economic, and educational opportunities for women and their families. To promote solidarity and collaboration among women.